Network Spinal Analysis™ is an evidenced based approach to wellness and body awareness. Gentle precise touch to the spine cues the brain to create new wellness promoting strategies. Two unique healing waves develop with this work. They are associated with spontaneous release of spinal and life tensions, and the use of existing tension, as fuel for spinal re-organization and enhanced wellness. Practitioners combine their clinical assessments of spinal refinements with patient’s self assessments of wellness and life changes. Greater self-awareness and conscious awakening of the relationships between the body, mind, emotion, and expression of the human spirit are realized through this popular healing work. NSA is exclusively practiced by Doctors of Chiropractic in relationship to the identification and self-regulation of spinal tension and subluxation patterns.
Network Spinal Analysis was first developed in the early 1980’s by Dr. Donald Epstein. Network is utilized by thousands of practitioners around the world and has been studied in several major universities both in the United States and internationally for its dramatic and impressive health and wellness contributions.
NSA is advanced through a series of Levels of Care
Care is advanced through a series of Levels, each producing specific new abilities to adapt to the environment, make healthier choices, enjoy life, and develop a healthier spine. During care, two spinal “healing” waves develop which help improve spinal and neural integrity, adaptability, and significantly advance wellness as well as quality of life.
Level 1: Basic Care – Connect and Release
Goals of Level 1 Care: Spinal recovery (better movement and flexibility)
- To release your spinal system from its major dominant holding patterns.
- To restore your natural spinal curves, even if only briefly.
- To achieve a fullness of breath throughout your spine, from one end to another.
- To see changes in areas of spinal facilitation (“muscle spasm” and tenderness).
- To see changes in spinal ranges of motion (you can move more freely).
- For you to become AWARE of these changes in your spine.
- Development of Somatorespiratory “healing” wave (body-breath wave).
In Level 1 Care you may notice:
- Your body’s response to adjustments.
- Changes in spinal musculature during and between visits.
- Ease or lack of ease in movements.
- Changes in respiration during and between visits.
- Changes in your spinal curves and posture.
- Regions where tension is stored.
- Regions of both discomfort and ease.
- Your body’s natural rhythms and tendencies (sleep, diet, exercise, relationships).
Level 2: Intermediate Care – Refine and Transform
Goals of Level 2 Care:
- Spinal adaptation from current physical, emotional, mental, and chemical stress.
- To correct the more chronic or underlying patterns or spinal distortions.
- Development of the Somatopsychic “healing” wave (body-mind wave).
In Level 2 Care you may notice:
- The connection between spinal regions during the adjustment.
- Spontaneous movements during and after adjustments that aid in the reduction of spinal tension.
- The relationship between environmental stress and spinal stress.
- The way in which subluxation patterns differ from one another.
- The deeper level subluxation patterns begin to surface, as the body feels safe enough to reveal them.
- The relationship between stresses and symptoms.
- The relationship of respiration to stress and to adjustments.
- A greater awareness of how the body-mind and parts are all connected.
- An awakening of areas that seem to have been asleep.
- Changes in habits such as exercise, your sleep, your diet, relationships, etc.
Level 3: Advanced Care – Awaken and Expand
Goals of Level 3 Care:
- Enjoy a healthier spine, nervous system, and body.
- Help the body learn self-correction by specific positioning of the body.
- Greater body awareness and participation in healing.
- Make changes in your life to better support your healing.
- Development of Somatopsychic wave into the heart.
In Level 3 Care you may notice:
- Naturally occurring spontaneous spinal and extremity “unwinding” movements occur during and between Network Adjustments.
- These movements occur without conscious thought and can alleviate spinal and life-stress accumulation.
- The body at times will create movements that actually will increase spinal stress and tension, culminating with a release of tension and often an audible vertebral release or adjustment.
- The awareness that the body and mind are one.
- The body has an inner knowing and the ability to self-correct.
- The regions of the spine and body that are less mobile are more noticeable compared to the movement and ease in other regions. This often occurs without the necessity of pain.
- Spontaneous breathing patterns assist in improving the craniosacral respiratory mechanism, releasing stressful situations, and assisting in adjustments.
- The need to make changes in one’s life that better support your healing.
- The participation in one’s physiology as compared to one’s thoughts alone.
- The unintentional participation with others in their environment in reciprocal or simultaneous unwinding, or self-correction movements and respirations.
Level 4: Self-Referral or Wellness Care
Goals of Level 4 Care:
- More capable of self-correction through movement, breathing, and fully living life.
- Knowing by experience more of your connection with the body-mind and the world.
Advancing New Strategies for Living & Healing in our Rapidly Changing World
Network Spinal Analysis™, through specific low force touches to the spine, assists the brain in developing new strategies to:
- experience the world
- adapt to stress
- dissipate tension from the spine and nerves
- connect with your body’s natural rhythms
- experience greater well being
- make healthier choices
- create a more self-correcting self reliant “magical spine”
- develop the Somatopsychic and Respiratory “healing waves”